As a mom of three young boys, I am constantly in search of recipes and meal plans that are nutritiously yummy. I read labels and try to stick to organic grocery items or at the very least non-GMO foods.
I always stock the RV with these very same foods and we do our best to stick to that while we are on the road, but that becomes difficult depending on what part of the country we are traveling in. This is where our food prep and planning helps us to stay on track with providing healthy and yummy meals that we know our boys will enjoy.
Tips for food prep and planning before long trips
- As best you can, plan your daily meals ahead of time
- Shop for your groceries (don’t forget seasonings, spices & condiments)
- Depending on the length of your trip, shelf stable foods are probably best
- Save money by purchasing fresh veggies, clean, cut and freeze them yourself
- Frozen fruits and veggies go a long way in meal prep
- Pre-clean, season and marinate your meats before freezing
- Make ahead items like muffins can be frozen for a healthy quick breakfast
What qualifies as a “go to” RV friendly meal for our family? In our case, a meal that I can pop in the slow cooker gets placed in my “go to” meal planner for travel. I don’t know about you, but the last thing I want to do is be stuck in the RV preparing three square meals for the family. This mama wants to be outside having fun with my crew!Read More›