CHORIZO & SWEET POTATO HASH RECIPE
Breakfast while RVing should be easy, but sometimes it’s difficult. The problem is not because there is nothing to eat, but because there are way too many good options. So why not just make them into one skillet like my new Chorizo & Sweet Potato Hash?
The sweetness of sweet potatoes and the spiciness of the chorizo combine to make the most perfect pair in this skillet. You are gonna start by making the chorizo first. Pull them off and then cook the sweet potatoes until done. This is an important step because you do not want to overcook the taters. Sweet potatoes soften really easily once cooked so avoid overcooking them by only cooking for 6-7 minutes.
Finally, you are gonna add the onions, eggs and goat cheese. The goat cheese is to add that tang the dish needs to fully complete the profile. This is a crazy good breakfast for around the campfire next to the RV. Double the recipe to feed the whole family or keep it how it is and hog it all for yourself. Honestly, it is super hard to beat!
Yields: 2 Servings
Cook: 20 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Equipment: Cast iron skillet, cast iron cover, wood, fire starters, heat resistant gloves, cutting board and knife.
Chorizo & Sweet Potato Hash Ingredients:
- 3 links of chorizo, sliced
- 5 cups of sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup of onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp of Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp of Kosher Salt
- 3-4 farm fresh eggs
- 1/4 cup of goat cheese, crumbled
- Cilantro, garnish
- Using a fire starter and some local wood, start your fire. Make fire a medium to medium-high heat. Place your grill directly over fire and preheat skillet.
- Add sliced chorizo and cook until done. Pull off and set aside. Add sweet potatoes with salt and pepper. Cook for 6-7 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add onions & cooked chorizo to skillet and cook for 2 minutes more. Top skillet with eggs and goat cheese. Cover with a lid or tin foil and let cook for 3-4 minutes or until your eggs are done to your liking.
- Pull off skillet, top with cilantro and enjoy!