SRIRACHA BUTTER LOBSTER TAILS RECIPE
Seafood is so delicious, but is it too difficult to cook while RVing? You definitely need to try this Sriracha Butter Lobster Tail recipe next time you Go RVing.
The answer: No. Seafood is easy to cook while RVing. But you do have to choose something easy the first time you venture out. Lobster tails might be a good place to start.
Lobster tails are one of my favorites to cook over fire. I love to grill them, smoke them and one day I will cook them right on the coals! They usually are lightly covered in seasoning and lathered in a butter sauce. Adding that sriracha to the butter sauce will really spike the flavor to a new level. Get some heat from the sriracha and tang from the garlic for a dynamic duo of flavor.
For my Sriracha Butter Lobster Tails, I split them in half in order to lay them flat. You could easily butterfly them and cook indirectly, but I chose not to since I wanted to make them over a campfire.
Lobster does not take a long time to cook; however, it does take longer than shrimp and scallops. Once it is on the grill, you have 5-7 minutes before they are done. So, be ready with all your gear nearby so you do not overcook them.
In the end, it is a perfect flavor for cooking outside right next to your RV.
Yields: 2 Servings
Cook: 15 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Equipment: 1 cast iron sauce skillet & food brush
Lobster Tails Ingredients:
- 2 Cold Water Lobster Tails, split in half
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil
Sriracha Butter Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of Sriracha Sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 1 tbsp of chives, chopped
- Split lobster tails in half (but not fully) down the back of the tail and then lay flat. Lather with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Using a fire starter and some local wood, start your fire. Make fire a medium heat. Place your grill directly over fire and preheat 2 skillets.
- Place lobster on grill flesh side down to cook for 2-3 minutes before flipping. Also, add sauce skillet to preheat for 2-3 minutes. Before flipping lobster tails, add butter, sriracha sauce, garlic, lemon and chives to sauce skillet and stir. Allow to simmer over fire for 3 minutes. Flip lobster tails and let cook for about 5-6 more minutes or until the meat is no longer translucent. Using a brush, lather the lobster tail meat with the Sriracha Butter Sauce. Be careful to minimize flare ups from the dripping butter.
- Pull off lobster tails and let rest for 1 minute. Eat and enjoy!