MEGA BACON CHEESEBURGER
Nothing beats a terrific burger. It is the easiest and most delicious food to cook while you are camping because it is packed full of carbs and meat. Add some cheese and bacon to the top and you are in burger heaven.
The biggest problem with burgers is that you have to cook a bunch of them all at the same time. This can be a pain at the RV campsite because some grills are not large enough to fit everything. Plus, who wants to waste time cooking burgers when you are super hungry from a day adventuring?
Here is the solution: Mega Bacon Cheeseburger. I had a vision while cooking burgers with my friends about turning 4 burgers into one mega burger. This massive monstrosity of meat and cheese is what was created.
The Mega Bacon Cheeseburger is a double-decker beef paradise with tons of cheese, mayo, bacon and meat. It can be created at any campfire or campsite that can handle its mega patties. Best part is that all these ingredients are super easy to get while traveling the road in your RV.
So, whether you are in your backyard or on the road, I dare you to try this Mega Bacon Cheeseburger. You will not be disappointed!
Yields: 2-4 Servings
Cook: 20 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Equipment Needed: Fire pit, cast iron skillet, spatula, wood, and fire starters.
MEGA BACON CHEESEBURGER
- 2 lbs of Ground Beef
- 2 Fresh Eggs
- 1 Italian Round Bread
- 10 slices of Colby Jack Cheese
- 10 slices of Center Cut Bacon
- 3 tbsp of Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp of Chipotle Powder
- 2 tbsp of Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp of Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp of Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of Cumin
- 1/2 tbsp of Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp of Butter
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ground beef, eggs, chipotle powder, chili powder, smoked paprika, sea salt, cinnamon, cumin and ground black Mix the beef thoroughly.
- Next, use half of the beef to make 1/2-inch-thick burger Make sure to round out the edges and have no cracks in the patty. Do this to the other half of the ground beef till you have equal size patties.
- Using a fire starter, build your fire and let burn until it coals (about 15-20 minutes).
- Once fire has reached a nice medium temperature, add a cast iron pan to the grill and place your bacon on it. Cook the bacon to its desired temperature, then pull oﬀ and let
- Using a spatula, place both burger patties over the hot part of the grill. Let cook for 4-5 minutes per side. Make sure to add cheese to patties 2-3 minutes before being done in order for it to melt. ***PS: Beware of flare ups from the burger grease! Also, use two spatulas to flip the This will help them from breaking apart.
- Once burgers are done, pull them oﬀ and let rest. Slice the bread in two, add butter and place on grill for 1 minute to crust up.
- Once everything is complete, lather bread with mayo on both pieces then add burgers topped with bacon. Use a wooden skewer through burger to keep in place if
- Cut burger into 4 pieces, serve & enjoy!